On Friday I exited Peru after spending nearly seven months in that extraordinary country. I have heaps of fond memories, and I hope to spend another week or so in Peru in October. In the meantime here are some photos that capture some of the many facets of Peru that I had the good fortune to experience, from top to bottom:
1) Llamas at Machu Picchu last Dec 21.
2) A group of performers march through the coastal town of Paramonga as part of May Day celebrations.
3) Several of us trek along Big Tree Trail at the Atalaya Reserve near Manu National Park in February.
4) A glimpse of Machu PIcchu last Dec 21 shortly after dawn.
5) Mixed ceviche, a Peruvian seafood specialty, served in a restaurant in Trujillo.
6) One of the 30 students who participated in the After-School Math Program in Cusco’s barrio San Jeronimo last November.
7) Users of the Yungay Cultural Center await its opening on a weekday.
8) The view of the Cordillera Blanca from the Hatun Wasi Hostal terrace in Huaraz where breakfast was served each morning.
9) A couple delivering corn to the Paramonga market last Wednesday.
10) Huanchaco Beach near Trujillo on a Sunday afternoon in March.