A final few pics from my 10 weeks volunteering and traveling in Guatemala as I prepare to leave this amazing country for Costa Rica tomorrow.
From Antigua, Tikal, and Quetzaltenango or Xela (clockwise, beginning at top):
1) Mayan woman in Antigua, a city in the central highlands of Guatemala, about an hour’s drive from the capital. Antigua has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and dates from 1524.
2) Public lavanderia in Antigua
3) Young couple departing a Good Friday procession in Antigua
4) Mayan ruins at Tikal
5) Group of coatimundis foraging at Tikal
6) The exquisite raspberry cheesecake created at La Postreria in Xela. Perhaps more than anything else in Guatemala I will miss the delicious artistry of Denisse Sanchez, La Postreria’s Chef.
(Click on any image to enlarge.)